The Tomato curry is the easiest of easy curries in Kerala Cuisine. This is a great tasting dish that comes first comes to our mind when we are in a hurry. Also, it is a regular at our home when we are short of vegetables.
All you need are some fresh tomatoes, onion, curry leaves and green chillies. Adding few coriander leaves will get you a herby flavour. But this is truly optional
1. Tomato 3 medium sized
2. Onion 1 medium sized sliced
3. Green Chillies 4
4. Curry leaves 1 strand
1. Cut tomatoes into pieces each.
2, Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onions. Saute well.
3, When the onions are transparent, add green chilies, curry leaves and salt.
4. After 2 mins, add tomatoes, saute well.
5. When tomatoes start mashing down, cook them covered in low flame for 4 - 5 mins.
6. Saute it well and get the tomatoes mashed down completely.
7. You can add little water, if you prefer it in loose consistency.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.